More than ever, our homes have become an integral part of our lives. Today they are much more than the houses we live in. They’re evolving into our workplaces, schools for our children, and safe
Morris Tourism Ten Top Things in August
Morris County Tourism site is a terrific source of information for events, festivals, music concerts and more. The list below was taken directly from the tourism site for the month of August. Although some events have passed, there is still some great family fun ahead!
- Historical Walking Tour Series - 8/4 and 8/12 Morris County. Tours include Secrets and Lore of Historic Morristown, Trial of 19th Century- Antione LeBlanc, A Town of Towers and Spires. A different tour is offerd each Saturday.
- Downtown Concert Series, Museum of Early Trades & Crafts, Madison. It's a free outdoor concert on the lawn of the museum Fridays. Bring chairs and/or blankets -Picnicking is welcomed - Rain or Shine! Qs call 973-377-2982
- Music Without Borders: Barynya, 8/7 - Morristown Green Established in 1991. Barynya is a premier Russian folk ensemble. Qs call 973-267-3465
- Cosy Jazz Nights, Cosy Cupboard Tea Room, Morristown. Local Jazz artiist will perform at the Cosy every other Friday during the summer. Joins us for Morris County's finest. Qs call 973-998-6676
- Remembering the Past: Gallery Tour, 8/8 at Morristown National Historical Park, Morristown. Join the Park Ranger to learn more about George Washington and his headquarters. Qs call 973-539-2016
- Baroque Orchestra of New Jersey's Summer Music Festival, Aug 12-19th. Enjoy Mozart and more! Qs call 973-366-8922
- Alfred Vail and the Natural World, 8.12 - Historical Speedwell, Morristown. Explore the site using the same texts as Alfred Vail. Examine and catalog different trees, plus practicing designing an authentic historic flower garden for the Vail House. Qs call 973-285-6550
- Rock N Blues Fest, Aug. 16th at the Mayo Performing Arts Center in Morristown. Rock out with all the classics including musics from The Johnny Winters Band, Edgar Winters, Rick Derringer, Mountain's Leslie West and Savoy Brown's Kim Simmons. Qs call 973-539-8008
- Japanse Drums and Ikebana Art Program, 8/19, Macculloch Hall Historical Museum, Morristown. Performers Kenny Chin and Anna Nakada provide wonderful entertainment. Enjoy the gardens and wonderful drumming music of the Japanese art form of Ichiyo Ikebana. Qs call 973-538-2404
- Cliff Eberhardt with John Schmitts at The Minstrel, Aug. 24, Morristown Unitarian Fellowship, Morristown. Eberhardt is a singer-songwriter and music is complemented by wonderderful guitar work. Qs call 974-408-5600
Enjoy the last full month of summer!
Photo by MacKenzie Ryan